Home Security Advice
– Advice and tips for consumers on how to better secure their current living situations.
Carbon Monoxide Headquarters
– Articles provide information about carbon monoxide deaths, poisoning, treatments, and research.
Consumer Product Safety Commission (U.S.)
– Safety tips on wide range of issues from backyard pools to electrical hazards, fireplaces to preventing falls from windows.
Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
– Website that discusses CPTED issues, with a focus on home improvement methods and checklists.
This Old House: Installing a Lockset
– Illustrations, photographs, and step-by-step instructions.
DIY Alarm Forum
– Online home security alarm forum to discuss alarm system technologies and do-it-yourself installation
– Provides articles, checklists, and tips on home, and fire security for consumers.
National Crime Prevention Council
– Articles on personal safety, securing a home and property, and safeguarding a family.
Consumer Information Center: Indoor Air Hazards
– Information on identifying problems and their sources including mold, radon, lead, and unhealthy remodeling by-products.
Selecting Household Safety Equipment
– Includes general guidelines, determining risks based on label descriptions, respirators, and eye protection.
National Hurricane Center (U.S.)
– Disaster prevention advice on developing a family plan, creating a disaster supply kit, having a place to go, and securing a home.
A Guide to Home Security
– Short articles on video surveillance,alarm systems, homeowners’ insurance, and setting up a neighborhood watch.
– Information on symptoms, sources, prevention, detection, and treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Home Security Protection
– Home security information, articles and product reviews.