You Need a Business Website
A Business Website is Critical in Today’s Business Markets
Having a business website is a must for businesses in today’s electronic world. More people than ever rely on computers and mobile phones to find service providers. If you have a business in the service industry, a business website could be a great asset. With the help of advanced software, building and setting up a business website is really easy. A reputable website hosting company will offer website building software for free with your hosting subscription. This is the best route for those who know little or nothing about code or programming.
Some key benefits of having a website for your service business include:
- Provide potential customers a source of information about your company and it’s services.
- Show off your completed jobs with photo galleries and blogs.
- Display comments of previous customers.
- Reach potential customers beyond your local service area.
Set Up Your New Business Website Properly
Most Good Things Require Effort
The first thing you have to do is pick your domain name. This is not easy as most of the best names are already taken. Keep in mind the importance of the name when you choose. One reason this is so important is that search engines take into account the relationship between your domain name and the subject matter of your site. In other words, if your business is repairing houses, you would want that reflected in your domain. For example, houserepair.something or irepairhouses.something, not myrealcooolsite or myserviceco. Another reason is that you want your domain to be easy for people to remember. Don’t settle in this area. Keep trying until you find a name that is available and suites your needs. It is well worth the effort.
Search Engines Eat Content and Keywords for Breakfast
Once you have selected a website hosting company and chose your new domain, the next step is adding content to your new business website. Content will get you indexed in search results so people can find you. This is an area where more does not necessarily mean better. Quality is equally as important as quantity. What you want is content that is rich in relevant keywords and tons of it. You need content that is relevant to your sites purpose. Search engines feed off of quality textual content but they don’t like eating junk food, they spit that right out. Give the search engines what they want and you will be rewarded.
Your Content Has To Be People Friendly Too
When a potential customer visits your business website, the first couple of seconds determine whether they stay or go. The visitor may land on any one of your pages that are indexed in the search engines. You want to keep the visitor on your site as long as possible and ultimately make the decision to call you for an appointment. Always keep this in mind when creating your content. A good rule of thumb when creating content for your business website is to imagine you are the visitor. Would you be interested? If not, chances are no one else would either. Keep your messages to the visitor informative and to the point. Remember, you only have seconds to spark an interest.
If You Build It They Won’t Come
OK, you have a great domain name and you have some interesting content on your new business website. Now you need visitors. And not just any visitors. You need visitors that are looking for what you are offering. Targeted traffic is what you need. This is the tricky part. Just because you have the best business website on the planet does not mean you will automatically have traffic. You can always pay for advertising but there is also a lot you can do for free:
- Remember to stay focused when writing content and include keywords as often as possible.
- Add fresh new content to your business website often. Search engines will frequently check your business website for new content. The more you feed them the more they like you.
- Always use alternate text for images. The search engines use this to index your images.
- Look for free business advertising online. Sign up for directories that link to your business website. This should improve your popularity online.
- Use accurate titles and descriptions and include keywords in them when creating pages for your business website.
- Remember keywords should always be relevant to your site’s content.
- Always seek new information on website marketing. Look for new marketing strategies and resources.
Don’t Set It and Forget It
Think of your business website as a tool. It will require maintenance and upkeep. Always keep information up to date and keep adding fresh content.